Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My new N6B

Hi All been awhile but here is my latest adventure into the world of model trains photo etching.
I have always liked the N6B as long as I have been into model trains and the PRR.There is something about and old wood Cabin car as us Pennsy folks would say that I just really like they have stood the test of time and in PRR's case were among one of the most common as the PRR liked to reuse/rebuild rather then build knew.
But unfortunately no one makes a readily available kit or built N6B except the old Gloor Craft / Quality Craft kits.But these are not all that easy to build and are getting quite expensive when you can find them.
 So while on the few forums I visit and some times post I have been inspired by the many very talented modeler's who are on these sites to give a go at making my own kit for the N6B and here it is.After many hours in front of Autocad, help from some friends and a few times back and forth with the etcher (not through there fault) I finally had a few kits to build and add to my roster.
My etching was done by PPD limited in Scotland they are great people kind and very helpful to a novice like me i can not thank them enough along with a few others that gave me a hand in the process.
So to any that have thought about making that on of a kind car loco ect. go ahead and give it try the rewards are many and the learning is great !

Thanks all for looking and take care.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, can I buy one or two kits? I've been looking for the Gloor Craft kit, but they just aren't out there anymore. Grabbed an HO N6A, but the N6B's in either HO or N are pretty rare.

    ReplyDelete